- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- REVIEWS | QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Add the WH57 lighting detection sensor to the Ecowitt WiFi gateway or weather station to obtain lightning data from within 25 miles of the sensor.
Upload data to the Ecowitt network to receive lightning email alerts and graphs of strike distance, frequency etc.
Comes with a shelter to protect your lightning sensor from rain. The shelter includes a right angled arm with fixings for a flat wall, wooden surface or pole between 20mm and 30mm in diameter.
For details on which weather stations support the WH57 lightning sensor, click here to view the latest Ecowitt sensor matrix.
- Detects lightning bolts and storms within 25 miles (40 km)
- High or low sensor sensitivity to meet different requirements please see second image for switch configuration options
- Configured using the WS View, WS View Plus or Ecowitt App
- When paired with a GW1000 or GW1100 WiFi Gateway:
- Monitor number of strikes daily and the time & distance of the last strike detected within a 25-mile radius of your location on the Live Data page of the WS View or Ecowitt app (requires the gateway and phone using the same Wi-Fi network)
- Battery power level display on the WS View App
- When paired with a Weather Station Console (HP2551/HP3500/HP3501):
- View lightning data in real-time on the Display
- Get alerted to lightning strikes with the flashing lightning icon
- When uploaded to Ecowitt Weather Server
- View lightning data & history records & graph on the website
- Receive email alerts from the server
- Remote monitoring with smart phone, laptop, or computer by visiting the website
- One Lightning Detection Sensor
- Shelter for sensor
- Instruction manual via electronic delivery
- Transmission distance in open field: 100m (300 feet)
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
- Lightning detection range: 0 - 25 miles / 0 - 40 km
- Sensor reporting interval: 79 seconds
- Power: 2 x AA 1.5V Alkaline battery
The instruction manual for the WH77 lightning sensor can be viewed by clicking here.
Well what can I say?
Am just waiting for lightning to be honest so as soon as we get some I will update this message. :-)
It was so easy to set up just pop the batteries in check the switches on the back and put together the shield which is just 1 screw to hold it in place and then bolt to to the post hey presto done in about 10 minutes if that :-)
It goes well with my wittboy :-}
Very good - worked as it should, easy to set up and link in!
I've had this unit for several months, and in all that time it had detected nothing, so, after the big thunderstorm a few nights back during which it detected absolutely nothing despite the lightning being directly overhead, I finally went asking questions.
I learned that the unit had arrived with the DIP switches in a non-working position. The documentation is very unclear, but it turns out that the correct default setting is with all the DIP switches pushed down towards the battery compartment. Mine had arrived with them all pushed up away from the battery compartment, That looks reasonable when compared with the documentation (and the details on the back of the unit), but, unfortunately, it means that the antenna is disconnected.
I have now changed the setting to the correct default (with all the DIP switches pushed down towards the batteries) and my unit detected its first ever strike last night.
We have not clarified the products switch settings with additional images on the product description. I am sorry to hear that this was received incorrectly set fro the factory.
Thanks Weather Spares for the quick shipment and no fees. Easy to setup and detected its first strikes a few days ago.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.70 or free on orders over £80) 2 to 6 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) 1 to 2 days for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent. We are registered with the European IOSS scheme which means duties will be prepaid for orders under €150