- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- REVIEWS | QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The Ventus W830 weather station allows you to monitor your weather remotely as it uploads data to Weather Underground, Weather Cloud and also the UK MetOffice WoW service. Recently, Ventus has also added the ability to upload data to the Ecowitt network and your own web server using custom settings. Beware of some very similar looking models that do not include an Internet data upload option.
Everything you need to get started is in the box and the online accounts at Weather Underground, Ecowitt and the MetOffice WoW service are all free of charge. Upload to any or all of the services simultaneously. Setup your sensors, console, connect to your home WiFi using the free Apple iOS / Android App and away you go. We rarely see this feature rich technology at such a good price!!!
The outdoor sensor pack supplements battery power by also using solar power with a internal rechargeable capacitor, meaning that you won't spend time changing batteries every few months. As an extra bonus, this weather station includes a 12 month warranty as standard.
Optionally, the console can upload data to as many or few of these services simultaneously and our demonstration Ventus W830 data can be seen on the various sites via the links below: (some sites require free registration to view)
The package contains:
- Main W830 display console
- Console stand
- UK / EU Power Adapter
- External 7-in-1 'Y' sensor pack
- Wind cups
- Wind vane
- Rain funnel
- Hardware for attaching to your own pole (maximum 50mm diameter)
- English, Danish, Finnish, Swedish and German paper instruction manual
Requires 2 x AA Alkaline/Lithium** batteries for Y sensor array and 3 x AAA Alkaline batteries for console power backup.
- Five icon colour forecast
- Clear high contrast charts and figures
- Internet controlled clock for accuracy
- Indoor temperature and humidity
- Solar and battery powered 7 in 1 outdoor sensor with
- Outdoor temperature and humidity
- Rain measurement with date, day, week and month totals
- Rain measurement in 0.25mm increments
- Rain rate display
- Wind speed in km/h, mph, knots, m/s and Beaufort
- Wind direction
- Wind chill
- UV sensor
- Daylight sensor for measurement in Lux 0-400k, fc or w/m2
- Pressure measurement in hPa, historical pressure for last 12, 24, 48 and 72 hours
- Pressure trend
- Daily minimum and maximum values
- Measurement alarms
- External sensor calibration
- 868MHz UK and EU frequency
- 2.4GHz WiFi* enabled allowing FREE data uploads to Weather Underground, UK MetOffice (WoW), Weather Bug & Weather Cloud
- Clear illuminated display console
- Signal strength indicator
- Mountable external sensor on pole up to 50mm diameter
- Transmission range unobstructed maximum 100m (330 ft)
- Outdoor Temperature -25C - +60C (-14F to +140F) resolution 0.1C
- Indoor Temperature -10C - +60C resolution 0.1C
- Outdoor Humidity 10% - 99%
- Indoor Humidity 10% - 99%
- Rain 0.25mm 0-6000mm +/-10%
- Wind speed 0-100mph (0-50m/s)
- Light 0-400k Lux +/- 15%
- UV Level 1 - 15 +/- 3
- Measuring interval 16 seconds
- Air Pressure 300-1100hPa (8.85-32.5in Hg) +/- 3hPa
- Calibration available for accurate readings
Upload data to:
- Weather Underground
- UK MetOffice WoW Service
- Weather Cloud
- Ecowitt Weather Network
- Your own web server via FTP
The instruction manual for the Ventus W830 can be downloaded by clicking here.
A supplement for configuring the station with WSView is also available by clicking here.
* Supports 2.4GHz WiFi only. Both the weather station and device to configure the station must be on the same 2.4GHz WiFi network.
** A small number of manuals specify rechargeable batteries which is incorrect.
The product was despatched quickly and arrived when stated. Have had one before and found the manual to be quite difficult to follow, and, sadly, it hasn't changed. However, it is now set up and working. A good product for part time weather watchers but also for the keener types
I have used Weather Spares before and as always their service was excellent. This time I purchased a Ventus W830. The W830 if a great weather station which is easy to set up and connect to WOW etc. The readings are accurate and overall it is very good value bit of kit. Would definelty recommend Weather Spares!
I bought this two years ago and found it excellent, so I bought one for my brother, installed it for him and now he is also enjoying the data this equipment delivers on our weather
Great little weather station. Bought for elderly friend, he loves it and finds it easy to use. Good value for money. Clear readings. Arrived earlier than they said in these difficult times.
I am always a bit skeptical of equipment that has an uncommon name, but this Ventus station is excellent. So many features and all able to be seen on the internet and my tablet when I am away from the house. Great service too.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.70 or free on orders over £80) 2 to 6 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) 1 to 2 days for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent. We are registered with the European IOSS scheme which means duties will be prepaid for orders under €150