- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- CUSTOMER REVIEWS
- QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The Ventus W830 weather station allows you to monitor your weather remotely as it uploads data to Weather Underground, Weather Cloud and also the UK MetOffice WoW service. Recently, Ventus has also added the ability to upload data to the Ecowitt network and your own web server using custom settings. Beware of some very similar looking models that do not include an Internet data upload option.
Everything you need to get started is in the box and the online accounts at Weather Underground, Weather Cloud and MetOffice WoW are all free of charge. Upload to any or all of the services simultaneously. Setup your sensors, console, connect to your home WiFi using the free Apple iOS / Android App and away you go. We've never seen this feature rich technology at this price!!!
The outdoor unit supplements battery power by also using solar power with a internal rechargeable capacitor, meaning that you won't spend time changing batteries every few months. As an extra bonus, this weather station includes a 1 year UK warranty as standard.
Optionally, the console can upload data to as many or few of these services simultaneously and our demonstration Ventus W830 data can be seen on the various sites via the links below: (some sites require free registration to view)
The package contains:
- Main W830 console
- Console stand
- UK / EU Power Adapter
- External 7 in 1 Y sensor pack
- Wind cups
- Wind vane
- Rain funnel
- Hardware for pole mounting (maximum 50mm diameter)
- 2 x AA lithium batteries for Y sensor (UK only)
- 3 x AAA alkaline batteries for backup console power (UK only)
- English, Danish, Finnish, Swedish and German instruction manual
- Five icon colour forecast
- Clear high contrast charts and figures
- Internet controlled clock for accuracy
- Indoor temperature and humidity
- Solar and battery powered 7 in 1 outdoor sensor with
- Outdoor temperature and humidity
- Rain measurement with date, day, week and month totals
- Rain measurement in 0.25mm increments
- Rain rate display
- Wind speed in km/h, mph, knots, m/s and Beaufort
- Wind direction
- Wind chill
- UV sensor
- Daylight sensor for measurement in Lux 0-400k, fc or w/m2
- Pressure measurement in hPa, historical pressure for last 12, 24, 48 and 72 hours
- Pressure trend
- Daily minimum and maximum values
- Measurement alarms
- External sensor calibration
- 868MHz UK and EU frequency
- 2.4GHz WiFi* enabled allowing FREE data uploads to Weather Underground, UK MetOffice (WoW), Weather Bug & Weather Cloud
- Clear illuminated display console
- Signal strength indicator
- Mountable external sensor on pole up to 50mm diameter
- Transmission range unobstructed maximum 100m (330 ft)
- Outdoor Temperature -25C - +60C (-14F to +140F) resolution 0.1C
- Indoor Temperature -10C - +60C resolution 0.1C
- Outdoor Humidity 10% - 99%
- Indoor Humidity 10% - 99%
- Rain 0.25mm 0-6000mm +/-10%
- Wind speed 0-100mph (0-50m/s)
- Light 0-400k Lux +/- 15%
- UV Level 1 - 15 +/- 3
- Measuring interval 16 seconds
- Air Pressure 300-1100hPa (8.85-32.5in Hg) +/- 3hPa
- Calibration available for accurate readings
Upload data to:
- Weather Underground
- UK MetOffice WoW Service
- Weather Cloud
- Ecowitt Weather Network
- Your own web server via FTP
The instruction manual for the Ventus W830 can be downloaded by clicking here.
A supplement for configuring the station with WSView is also available by clicking here.
* Supports 2.4GHz WiFi only. Both the weather station and device to configure the station must be on the same 2.4GHz WiFi network.
** A small number of manuals specify rechargeable batteries which is incorrect. Due to postal restrictions batteries can only be supplied with UK orders.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
How is the outdoor sensor pack mounted?
The outdoor sensor pack is mounted on a pole. The diameter of this should be no more than 50mm (2 inches). We recommend a television or satellite antenna mounting for this as they have many option suitable for most people.
What type of batteries does this weather station use?
The sensor pack should use 2 x AA 1.5v batteries which are either Lithium or Alkaline. A small number of manuals listed rechargable batteries which is not correct.
The console uses 3 x AAA 1.5v batteries as a backup incase of a mains power failure.
Is this model use on weather underground site.
Yes, click on the WeatherUnderground logo on the main product description and you can see the data from this station.
How long is your standard warranty on the Ventus W830?
The warranty on the Ventus W830 is 1 year from date of purchase.
Hi there can you tell me when these will be available to order
We are expecting these back in late June due to tranport and production delays from China. We have temporarily reduced the price of the identical GARNI 940 model which has a coloured film screen as an alternative.
What does it mean if the cloud display on the console is flashing? It has happened a number of times but I cannot find out what this means in the instructions.
The flashing forecast symbols mean a rapid change in pressure so the weather may be windy and stormy, a rapidly changing situation.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.45 or free on orders over £79.00) 2 to 4 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) normally next day for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent.