- REVIEWS | QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
20% off this item when purchased with selected sensors and weather stations.
This practical shelter from TFA protects temperature or humidity sensors from sun and rain. Due to the permeable construction of the protective cover, the air can circulate freely inside and you get accurate and unadulterated readings even in direct sunlight.
In addition, the transmitter is protected against rain and it can be easily placed anywhere outside often extending the life of the sensor inside. Suitable for a variety of sensors, including TFA, Ecowitt, GARNI, Davis, Oregon Scientific and Netamo.
The protective casing is also ideal for transmitters with a cabled sensor, as a cable opening is also part of the design.
- For temperature, thermo-hygro transmitter or lightning sensors
- Protects against rain and direct sunlight
- Keeps Ecowitt lightning sensors sheltered, but away from additional interference
- With opening for sensor cable
- Easy to assemble, with mounting parts
- Internal dimensions: width 60mm x 160mm tall
- Two smaller sensors can be mounted back to back
- Weight 161 g
- Made from white ABS Plastic
- Protective sensor cover
- Velcro sensor fixing
- Mounting bracket
- Fixing screws
- Cable ties
Purchased to house the Remote Sensor for a new Youshiko weather station.
I had to modify the sensor slightly so that I could secure it inside the Sensor Shelter with the (supplied) velcro fastening, but without any great difficulty. Shelter, plus sensor, now mounted on the balcony and working perfectly.
Does EXACTLY what I wanted!
I picked this up discounted with an Ecowitt sensor. Great little shelter and had the fixings included too making setup easy. Simple screw and click base to put the sensor in. Managed to fit the WH31 and lightning sensor in the same shelter.
Offers good protection from the rain for my Oregon sensor and when changing the battery last week found it to be dry inside. Plenty of space for air to get through and I may get another one for an old sensor to help protect it.
Have used for only a few months, but the sensor is dry and readings more accurate. Worth the money.
I asked about these with Weather Spares a few weeks ago and they said they'd try to get hold of them. A few days later, in stock, ordered and delivered. I use it for my Netatmo outdoor sensor which fits perfectly.
I've also ordered a second one for a TFA sensor, worth the money to protect them.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.70 or free on orders over £80) 2 to 6 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) 1 to 2 days for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent. We are registered with the European IOSS scheme which means duties will be prepaid for orders under €150