Ecowitt GW2001 Wittboy with Sonic Anemometer, Haptic Rain Gauge & Gateway
AVAILABLE & READY TO SHIP
- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- REVIEWS | QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The Ecowitt Wittboy (GW2001) is a new state of the art haptic and sonic technology based weather station.
It includes the 7-in-1 outdoor sensor (WS90) and WiFi / wired gateway (GW2000) for uploading data to the internet. This station not longer uses the traditional tipping bucket rain gauge, but a haptic sensor which measures rain falling. This weather station makes an ideal starter pack for those that want a modular weather station with full internet access.
The outdoor sensor measures temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, rainfall, UV level and light intensity. It requires mounting on the top of a 1 inch pole to ensure accurate readings.
The GW2000 gateway can connect via WiFi to a router, or via a traditional RJ45 ethernet cable and includes the USB based mains power adapter.
The outdoor data, along with the indoor temperature, humidity and pressure data is uploaded to the Ecowitt service via the gateway and is used to calculate rainfall rate, wind chill, dew point and heat index. All of this can be viewed on the App, or Ecowitt weather website.
You are not just limited to weather data on the Ecowitt weather site or App, you can share your data further afield with free access to The UK MetOffice WoW service, Weather Underground, WeatherCloud and your own web server.
Unlike some other stations, the Ecowitt Wittboy can be expanded with a variety of sensors, click here to view the latest Ecowitt sensor matrix.
All of these are available to view in the App, or online via Ecowitt.net and in the 3rd party services that support this sensor type.
The Ecowitt GW2001 includes the following items:
- GW2000 WiFi or wired network gateway
- GW2000 mounting plate
- USB power adapter for GW2000 gateway
- 7-in-1 external sensor array 868MHz (UK/EU approved)
- Anti-bird spike kit
- Instruction manual
GW2000 WiFi / Wired Gateway with USB power
- 3 Built-in sensors on probe cable
- Temperature (-10°C - 60°C; resolution: 0.1°C)
- Humidity (1% ~ 99%; resolution: 1%; accuracy: ± 5% )
- Atmospheric pressure sensor (300 – 1,100 hPa ; accuracy: ± 5 hPa)
- Configure WiFi gateway via your web browser or WS View mobile app
- Configure additional sensors via your web browser or WS View mobile app
- Publishes sensor data to Internet based weather services including
- Ecowitt weather server: ecowitt.net.
- MetOffice WoW
- Only sensor data supported by each specific service will be uploaded.
- View historical records from your weather station (outdoor temperature, humidity, wind, rain)
- View all current sensor and historical records, and graphs on Ecowitt.net server. History records can also be exported in Excel format
- Wireless Range from external sensors: 150m (300m unobstructed)
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
- GW2000 gateway is USB powered (USB mains power adapter supplied)
External 7-in-1 sensor suite (WS90)
- Outdoor temperature and humidity
- Wind speed, gust speed, and wind direction
- Haptic rainfall sensor with rate and totals for day, week, month, and year
- Calculated wind chill, dew point and heat index display on the WS View App
- Solar light intensity
- UV index
- Solar powered with 2 x AA battery backup (batteries required for 24 hour operation)
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
- Requires mounting onto top of a 25mm / 1 inch pole (available separately)
An installation guide from Ecowitt can be found by clicking here.
After spending months looking at weather stations online and countless of YouTube videos I decided I was going to purchase this weather station as I like the design of it as there is no moving parts.
On the day it arrived it was so easy to get it working I plugged it in and connected it directly into the Ethernet port and was done in seconds no fiddling about it was receiving my weather station.
I set up the weather station outside in the rain as I was eager to start recording the weather.
It’s so easy to set up and use I look forward to building to it now with all the other sensors you can add on.
I can be my own weather presenter now in my area :-}
Love this station, does all you want with no moving parts, very accurate and reliable!
Can say its a super weather station for outdoor use. Its works with WiFi hub and providing quite accurate data, I used the cable option.
This station have rain sensor and wind sensor.
For that price I can say its an amazing poduct which definetly worth to buy it.
I do recommend.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.70 or free on orders over £80) 2 to 6 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) 1 to 2 days for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent. We are registered with the European IOSS scheme which means duties will be prepaid for orders under €150