- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- REVIEWS | QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The Ecowitt Wittboy Pro (HP2564) comprises two components the 7-in-1 sonic anemometer with haptic rain gauge and also the new design 7" display.
The large 7" TFT full colour display with inbuilt temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure sensors making it an advanced weather console with full internet access.
Paired with the 7-in-1 outdoor sensor array (WS90) which no longer uses the traditional tipping bucket rain gauge, but a haptic sensor which measures rain falling.
The outdoor sensor measures temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, rainfall, UV level and light intensity. It requires mounting on the top of a 1 inch pole to ensure accurate readings.
This indoor data, along with the outdoor sensor data is uploaded to the FREE Ecowitt service via WiFi and is used to calculate rainfall rate, wind chill, dew point and heat index. All of this can be viewed on an iOS, Google App, or Ecowitt weather website in a browser.
You are not just limited to weather data on the Ecowitt weather site or App, you can share your data further afield with free access to The UK MetOffice WoW service, Weather Underground, WeatherCloud and your own web server.
Unlike some other stations, the Ecowitt Wittboy Pro can be used with a variety of sensors, click here to view the latest Ecowitt sensor matrix.
All of these are available to view in the App, or online via Ecowitt.net and in the 3rd party services that support this sensor type.
The Ecowitt HP2560-C console includes the following items:
- HP2560-C WiFi 7" full colour TFT console with 868MHz sensor reception
- Clip on stand for desk use or can be mounted on a wall
- UK power adapter (EU available by request)
- Instruction manual via electronic delivery (100 comprehensive pages)
The Ecowitt WS90 includes the following items:
- 7-in-1 external sensor array 868MHz (UK/EU approved)
- Anti-bird spike kit
- Instruction manual
The Wittboy Pro consists of:
HP2560-C 7" Full Colour TFT Screen
- Built in sensors to display
- Indoor Temperature
- Indoor Humidity
- Atmospheric pressure sensor
- Configure WiFi via console
- Configure additional sensors via console
- Publishes sensor data to Internet based weather services including
- Ecowitt weather server: ecowitt.net.
- MetOffice WoW
- Only sensor data supported by each specific service will be uploaded.
- View historical records from your weather station with optional microSD card
- View all current sensor and historical records, and graphs on Ecowitt.net server. History records can also be exported in Excel format
- Wireless Range from external sensors: 300 feet / 100m (in open areas)
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
External 7-in-1 sensor suite (WS90)
- Outdoor temperature and humidity
- Wind speed, gust speed, and wind direction
- Haptic rainfall sensor with rate and totals for day, week, month, and year
- Calculated wind chill, dew point and heat index display on the WS View App
- Solar light intensity
- UV index
- Solar powered with 2 x AA battery backup (batteries required for 24 hour operation)
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
- Requires mounting onto top of 25mm / 1 inch pole (available separately)
A copy of the HP2560 TFT console instructions can be downloaded by clicking here.
An installation guide from Ecowitt can be found by clicking here.
Ecowitt 2564 Wittboy pro what a fantastic piece of kit, bought it to replace my original weather station which has lasted me for a couple of years but finally succumbed to the coastal weather on a very exposed West Coast of Scotland. Adrian fitted the ‘Seaside sensors’ before sending this out to me. Super easy to instal and set up, infact in less than an hour it was up and running and broadcasting to various portals. No idea of the longevity but with no moving parts hopefully will be equally as good if not better than my previous station. The advice and supply of the unit was excellent. Throughly recommend Weather Spares
Easily ordered online and arrived in Orkney Is in a couple of days. Up and running within an hour and accurately streaming weather information to several platforms.
Thanks Adrian - hope to do more business soon.
Adrian from the team was brilliant and helped me choose the right components. The Wittboy was connected to the wif in under 30 mins and active on Wunderground within an hour too. As many have said - its a little addictive to watch the data streaming in!. Thanks for an great customer experience.
Great service from Weather Spares. When weather station arrived I was a bit disapointed to fine no written instructions only a printed square on the box with dots in it that you are supposed to point your phone at., but I needn't have worried it was so simple to set up you just put the batteries in the sensors, plug in the display and it works. Full instructions can be downloaded on the Weather Spares website
I am very impressed with the accuracy of the system and the reaction time an example of this is that I noticed that the display showed it was raining I looked out the window and thought its not raining so went outside and it was fine drizzle. With my old Davies station it only recorded rain rate when it was pouring with rain.
It is was easy to set up on the internet just went to the set up screen on the display. I downloaded the app onto my phone and am able to share my data with my friends.
The system looks very well constructed and so far very reliable, is very good value. It was cheaper than a replacement circuit board for my 3 yr old Davies station which is now scrap.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.70 or free on orders over £80) 2 to 6 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) 1 to 2 days for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent. We are registered with the European IOSS scheme which means duties will be prepaid for orders under €150