Ecowitt GW2000 WiFi or Cabled 5-in-1 Gateway
AVAILABLE & READY TO SHIP
- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- REVIEWS | QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The Ecowitt GW2000 gateway device offers the flexibility of being used wirelessly or via a traditional RJ45 cabled network direct to your router.
With the GW2000 you are not just limited to weather data on the Ecowitt weather site or App, you can share your data further afield with free access to The UK MetOffice WoW service, Weather Underground, WeatherCloud and your own web server.
Unlike some other stations, the Ecowitt GW2000 can be expanded with a variety of sensors, click here to view the latest Ecowitt sensor matrix.
All of these are available to view in the App, or online via Ecowitt.net and in the 3rd party services that support this sensor type.
The Ecowitt GW2000 includes the following items:
- GW2000 'puck' WiFi or wired network gateway
- GW2000 wall mounting plate
- USB power cable for GW2000 gateway
- Instruction manual
GW2000 WiFi / Wired Gateway with USB power
- 3 Built-in sensors on probe cable
- Temperature (-10°C - 60°C; resolution: 0.1°C)
- Humidity (1% ~ 99%; resolution: 1%; accuracy: ± 5% )
- Atmospheric pressure sensor (300 – 1,100 hPa ; accuracy: ± 5 hPa)
- Configure WiFi gateway via your web browser or WS View mobile app
- Configure additional sensors via your web browser or WS View mobile app
- Publishes sensor data to Internet based weather services including
- Ecowitt weather server: ecowitt.net.
- MetOffice WoW
- Only sensor data supported by each specific service will be uploaded.
- View historical records from your weather station (outdoor temperature, humidity, wind, rain)
- View all current sensor and historical records, and graphs on Ecowitt.net server. History records can also be exported in Excel format
- Wireless Range from external sensors: 150m (300m unobstructed)
- Transmission distance between GW2000 and WiFi router: 50m (unobstructed)
- RJ45 wired CAT5 network connection
- WiFi Frequency 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n
- 868MHz UK and European frequency reception
- GW2000 gateway is USB powered (USB cable supplied, power adapter required)
An installation guide from Ecowitt can be found by clicking here.
The GW2000 can be connected to your router with an ethernet cable or over wi-fi. It's powered by a supplied USB cable as opposed to the GW1100 that has a USB fixed plug that you have to plug into a USB socket. However there is no USB power adapter included. I just feel the GW2000 gives more flexibility in use and set up over the GW1100.
It has a temp & humidity sensor at the end of an attached cable.
I already owned a Waldbeck Halley weatherstation which came with its own hub and a wireless temp & humidity sensor. All have worked really well for several years now but the wi-fi base station didn't have its own temp & humidity sensor and was limited to only being able to connect to the weatherstation and the one supplied wireless sensor.
Having seen how the Ecowitt system has developed I decided to take a chance on the GW2000 when it was discounted to less than £42.
This is because it can connect to multiple external sensors.
I gambled that it would connect to my existing weatherstation (It uses 868 MHz) as I suspected it was made by Ecowitt and just branded by the German company Waldbeck Halley(WH) and it did!
So now I can expand the system, I can have sensors in the garage, outbuildings, in the loft and I plan to have a water temp sensor in my pond.
You can also add air quality and lightening sensors if you so wish.
Once you have connected the GW2000 to your home network through the app, the weatherstation and each sensor connect automatically.
It is dificult to find a cabled weather device for internet access uploads. This product with the Ecowitt sensors works greatly, no more WiFi problems. Excellent.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.70 or free on orders over £80) 2 to 6 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) 1 to 2 days for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent. We are registered with the European IOSS scheme which means duties will be prepaid for orders under €150