- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- REVIEWS | QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The Ecowitt HP2550-C comprises a large 7" TFT full colour display making it an advanced weather console with full internet access.
Unlike some other consoles, indoor temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure are obtained from a separate sensor (WH32A not included) to ensure readings are not skewed by warmth from the display.
The 7" high resolution TFT colour screen has a friendly & well-designed interface with two selectable backgrounds (dark or light). The console displays wind speed and direction, dew point, rainfall, indoor outdoor temperature and humidity, barometric pressure, moon phase, solar radiation and UV. There is also a full colour weather forecast function and optional microSD memory card to store historical data with a 1GB card storing at least 10 years or data.
This indoor data, along with the outdoor sensor data is uploaded to the FREE Ecowitt service via WiFi and is used to calculate rainfall rate, wind chill, dew point and heat index. All of this can be viewed on an iOS, Google App, or Ecowitt weather website in a browser.
You are not just limited to weather data on the Ecowitt weather site or App, you can share your data further afield with free access to The UK MetOffice WoW service, Weather Underground, WeatherCloud and your own web server.
Unlike some other stations, the Ecowitt HP2550 console can be used with a variety of sensors, click here to view the latest Ecowitt sensor matrix.
All of these are available to view in the App, or online via Ecowitt.net and in the 3rd party services that support this sensor type.
Note this item requires existing 868MHz Ecowitt sensors and WN32A sensor to display data.
The Ecowitt HP2550-C console includes the following items:
- HP2550-C WiFi 7" full colour TFT console
- USB power cable (5v USB adapter required)
- Instruction manual via electronic delivery (100 comprehensive pages)
The HP2550-C consists of:
HP2550-C 7" Full Colour TFT Screen
- Requires WH32A separate indoor sensor to display
- Atmospheric pressure sensor
- Configure WiFi via console
- Configure additional sensors via console
- Publishes sensor data to Internet based weather services including
- Ecowitt weather server: ecowitt.net.
- MetOffice WoW
- Only sensor data supported by each specific service will be uploaded.
- View historical records from your weather station with optional microSD card
- View all current sensor and historical records, and graphs on Ecowitt.net server. History records can also be exported in Excel format
- Wireless Range from external sensors: 300 feet / 100m (in open areas)
- Powered from standard 5v USB socket, connecting cable inlcuded
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
A copy of the HP2551 weather station instructions can be downloaded by clicking here. These include details of the use of the HP2550-C display unit.
I'd purchased the GW1001 weather station as a budget option 2 years ago. This made for a great addition to view data without my wife. asking to go online. Great price and no import fees in the UK.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.70 or free on orders over £80) 2 to 6 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) 1 to 2 days for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent. We are registered with the European IOSS scheme which means duties will be prepaid for orders under €150