Davis Vantage Pro2 Transmitter Super Capacitor and PDF instructions (self install)
AVAILABLE & READY TO SHIP
- REVIEWS | QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
A Davis compatible super-capacitor with fitting and testing instructions for the product. We also include a digital download of installation instructions in PDF format.
It is a known issue that over a period of time the original super-capacitor in the Davis wireless sensor suite can fail and be seen leaking from its base. Once failed this causes excessive drain on the lithium CR123A backup battery, or in extreme cases the sensor suite transmitter to fail completely.
The original 10F super-capacitor is rated to last overnight after charging on a bright day. 15F, 25F and the high capacity 50F are also available. The large the capacitor size, the less drain there will be on the battery, extending its life beyond the anticipated 2 years.
Davis technical support (USA) has confirmed that 1 (or 2 super-capacitors on early boards) can be installed and several values are suitable for installation. The night run-time is proportional to capacitance. The reason for Davis's 10F super-capacitor selection was determined by need - vs - cost. The ISS boards are designed to take 10F, 15F, 25F or 50F units.
Special care needs to be taken when working with super-capacitors. Improper handling can lead to damage when forming the 90 degree bend in the leads, special care needs to be taken to assure no stress travels through the terminal lead rubber seal on the bottom of the super-capacitor. The 90 degree bend should be done by holding the leads with narrow-tipped pliers near the rubber seal, and bending the leads against the pliers. Similarly, solder time needs to be minimised to keep thermal stresses from the super-capacitor.
- 6152 - Wireless Vantage Pro2
- 6162 - Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus
- 6153 - Wireless Vantage Pro2 with 24-Hour Fan Aspirated Shield
- 6163 - Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with 24-Hour Fan Aspirated Shield
- 6323 - Wireless Integrated Sensor Suite with 24-Hr Fan Aspirated Radiation Shield
- 6327 - Wireless Integrated Sensor Suite Plus with UV & Solar Radiation Sensors
- 6328 - Wireless ISS Plus with 24-Hour Fan-Aspirated Radiation Shield
- 6372 - Wireless Temperature Station
- 6382 - Wireless Temperature / Humidity Station
- 6332 - Anemometer Transmitter Kit
Please note that due to the delicate nature of the capacitors returns cannot be accepted if legs have been bent. Please also ensure that the capacitor is installed in the correct polarity to avoid damage to the ISS board - the longer leg is positive (+).
Image shown is an example, the colour and manufacturer may vary depending on availability at time of shipment.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.70 or free on orders over £80) 2 to 6 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) 1 to 2 days for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent. We are registered with the European IOSS scheme which means duties will be prepaid for orders under €150