- CUSTOMER REVIEWS
- QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The sensor measures global solar UV irradiance, the sum of the components of solar UV transmitted directly and those scattered in the atmosphere. Scattered UV is a major portion of global irradiance. The transducer is a semiconductor photodiode that responds only to radiation in the region of interest.
The diffuser provides an excellent cosine response. With multiple hard-oxide coatings, the interference filter provides the Erythema Action spectral response. It is stable in the presence of heat and humidity. The outer shell shields the sensor from thermal radiation and provides a path for convection cooling of the body, minimizing heating of the sensor interior. It provides a cutoff ring for cosine response, a level indicator, and fins to aid in aligning the sensor with the suns rays. Spring-loaded mounting screws, in conjunction with the level indicator, enable rapid and accurate levelling of the sensor. Each sensor is calibrated against a Yankee Environmental Systems Ultraviolet Pyranometer, model UVB-1, in natural summer daylight.
Requires Davis Sensor Shelf if not already purchased to ensure correct installation.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about the Davis Vantage Pro2 / Pro UV Sensor 6490
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.45 or free on orders over £79.00) 2 to 4 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) normally next day for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent.