- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- REVIEWS | QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The Ecowitt HP2561 weather station consists of the 7-in-1 sensor suite and large 7" TFT full colour display with built in temperature, humidity and pressure sensors making it an advanced weather station with full WiFi internet access.
The 7-in-1 sensor suite measures wind direct and speed, temperature, humidity, solar radiation, UV level, and rain.
The 7" high resolution TFT colour screen has a friendly & well-designed interface with two selectable backgrounds (dark or light). The console displays wind speed and direction, dew point, rainfall, indoor outdoor temperature and humidity, barometric pressure, moon phase, solar radiation and UV. There is also a full colour weather forecast function and optional microSD memory card to store historical data with a 1GB card storing on average 10 years of data.
This indoor data, along with the outdoor sensor data is uploaded to the FREE Ecowitt service via WiFi and is used to calculate rainfall rate, wind chill, dew point and heat index. All of this can be viewed on an iOS, Google App, or Ecowitt weather website in a browser.
You are not just limited to weather data on the Ecowitt weather site or App, you can share your data further afield with free access to The UK MetOffice WoW service, Weather Underground, WeatherCloud and your own web server.
Unlike some other weather stations, the Ecowitt HP2561 can be expanded with a variety of sensors, click here to view the latest Ecowitt sensor matrix.
All of these are available to view in the App, or online via Ecowitt.net and in the 3rd party services that support this sensor type.
The Ecowitt HP2561 includes the following items:
HP2560 WiFi 7" colour TFT console.
- 7-in-1 sensor array
- Installation bracket for 25-50mm pole (pole not supplied as standard)
- UK power adapter
- Instruction manual via electronic delivery (100 comprehensive pages)
The HP2561 consists of:
HP2560 7" Full Colour TFT Screen
- Built in sensors for indoor
- Atmospheric pressure sensor
- Configure WiFi via console
- Configure additional sensors via console
- Publishes sensor data to Internet based weather services including
- Ecowitt weather server: ecowitt.net.
- MetOffice WoW
- Only sensor data supported by each specific service will be uploaded.
- View historical records from your weather station with optional microSD card
- View all current sensor and historical records, and graphs on Ecowitt.net server. History records can also be exported in Excel format
- Wireless Range from external sensors: 330 feet / 100m (unobstructed)
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
- Outdoor temperature and humidity
- Wind speed, gust speed, and wind direction
- Calculated wind chill, dew point and heat index display on the WS View App
- Solar light intensity
- UV index
- Solar powered with 2 x AA battery backup
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
- Mounting bracket for 25-50mm pole (pole not supplied as standard)
A copy of the HP2560 weather station console instructions can be downloaded by clicking here.
A separate manual is provided for the WS69 7-in-1 sensor array by clicking here.
My previous home weather station (Ventus model) suffered battery leakage after 9 years of continuous operation and I was looking for a suitable replacement that enabled me to download data to my personal web site. Adrian at Weather Spares was mega helpful in choosing the HP2561 from the Ecowitt range which appeared to be good quality, full of functionality and I choose because of the traditional wind speed and rain gauges. I couldn’t quite bring myself to go for the HP2564 with the sonic anemometer and haptic rain gauge due to what I understand to be quite complicated to calibrate.
The HP2561 is now installed 5m above the ground on a pole above my garage and so far performing faultlessly after two weeks of continual outside operation. The manual is really good with step-by-step instructions to set up and install. It connected to Wi-Fi seamlessly and no issues with range although it’s only 25m from the console with direct line of sight through a window. Really easy to set-up and connect to Ecowitt website and I just love the App so I can view the weather on the go. I also set up Wunderground but don’t like it much because of it’s US bias. The console is clear to read and intuitive to use. The gauges are very clear with plenty of useful icons showing status of everything. I like that the display automatically blanks at set times which is very considerate.
All said and done, I can’t find anything to grumble about. I like it so much I ordered and installed a lightening sensor which connected to the console without a hitch. Just need some lightening now to test it.
I’d thoroughly recommend the Ecowitt HP2561.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.70 or free on orders over £80) 2 to 6 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) 1 to 2 days for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent. We are registered with the European IOSS scheme which means duties will be prepaid for orders under €150