Ecowitt HP2553 TFT Large Display, 6-in-1 Ultrasonic Sensor & Rain Gauge
- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- CUSTOMER REVIEWS
- QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The Ecowitt HP2553 weather station consists of the ultrasonic anemometer, temperature, humidity, solar radiation and UV sensors, the self emptying rain gauge and large 7" TFT full colour screen making it an advanced weather station with full internet access.
The sonic anemometer sensor pack measures temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, UV level and Solar intensity.
The separate rain sensor measures rain fall and is self emptying for easy of use.
The 7" high resolution TFT colour screen has a friendly & well-designed interface with two selectable backgrounds (dark or light). The console displays wind speed and direction, dew point, rainfall, indoor outdoor temperature and humidity, barometric pressure, moon phase, solar radiation and UV. There is also a full colour weather forecast function and you can also purchase a microSD memory card to store historical data. A 1GB card will store on average 10 years of data.
This data, along with the outdoor sensor data is uploaded to the FREE Ecowitt service via WiFi and is used to calculate rainfall rate, wind chill, dew point and heat index. All of this can be viewed on an iOS, Google App, or Ecowitt weather website in a browser.
You are not just limited to weather data on the Ecowitt weather site or App, you can share your data further afield with free access to The UK MetOffice WoW service, Weather Underground, WeatherCloud and your own web server.
Unlike some other stations, the Ecowitt HP2553 can be expanded with a variety of additional sensors which currently include:
- 1 x WH57 lightning sensor
- 1 x WH45 indoor PM2.5/PM10/CO2/temperature and humidity all-in-1 sensor
- Up to 8 WH31 multi-channel temperature and humidity sensors
- Up to 8 WH51 soil moisture sensors
- Up to 4 WH41/WH43 PM2.5 air quality sensors
- Up to 4 WH55 Water leak sensors
- Up to 8 WN34 Temp Sensors
- Future sensors are also under development
All of these are available to view in the App, or online via Ecowitt.net and in the 3rd party services that support this sensor type.
The Ecowitt HP2553 includes the following items:
- HP2550 TFT WiFi gateway console
- WN32A Indoor temperature / humidity / barometric pressure sensor
- WS80 Ultrasonic 6-in-1 sensor array with revised design for improved accuracy during rainfall
- WH40 Rainfall sensor
- UK power adapter
- Instruction manual via electronic delivery (100 comprehensive pages)
The HP2553 consists of:
HP2550 7" Full Colour TFT Screen
- Separate WN32A indoor sensor with LCD display
- Atmospheric pressure sensor
- Configure WiFi via console
- Configure additional sensors via console
- Publishes sensor data to Internet based weather services including
- Ecowitt weather server: ecowitt.net.
- MetOffice WoW
- Only sensor data supported by each specific service will be uploaded.
- View historical records from your weather station with optional microSD card
- View all current sensor and historical records, and graphs on Ecowitt.net server. History records can also be exported in Excel format
- Wireless Range from external sensors: 300 feet / 100m (in open areas)
- Outdoor temperature and humidity
- Wind speed, gust speed, and wind direction
- Calculated wind chill, dew point and heat index display on the WS View App
- Solar light intensity
- UV index
- Solar powered with 2 x AA battery backup
- Mounting bracket
Self emptying rain gauge WH40
- Rainfall rate and totals for day, week, month, and year
- Transmission distance in open field: 100m(300 feet)
- Rainfall measuring range: 0--6000mm
- Sensor reporting interval: 49 seconds
A copy of the HP2553 product instructions can be downloaded by clicking here.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Do I need a separate wifi gateway with this combination?
No, the screen has the WiFi gateway built into it.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.20 or free on orders over £75.00) 2 to 4 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) normally next day for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent.