- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- CUSTOMER REVIEWS
- QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The Ecowitt HP2551 weather station consists of the 7-in-1 sensor suite and large 7" TFT full colour display making it an advanced weather station with full WiFi internet access.
The 7-in-1 sensor suite measures wind direct and speed, temperature, humidity, solar radiation, UV level, and rain.
The 7" high resolution TFT colour screen has a friendly & well-designed interface with two selectable backgrounds (dark or light). The console displays wind speed and direction, dew point, rainfall, indoor outdoor temperature and humidity, barometric pressure, moon phase, solar radiation and UV. There is also a full colour weather forecast function and optional microSD memory card to store historical data with a 1GB card storing on average 10 years of data.
This indoor data, along with the outdoor sensor data is uploaded to the FREE Ecowitt service via WiFi and is used to calculate rainfall rate, wind chill, dew point and heat index. All of this can be viewed on an iOS, Google App, or Ecowitt weather website in a browser.
You are not just limited to weather data on the Ecowitt weather site or App, you can share your data further afield with free access to The UK MetOffice WoW service, Weather Underground, WeatherCloud and your own web server.
Unlike some other stations, the Ecowitt HP2551 can be expanded with a variety of additional sensors which currently include:
- 1 x WH57 lightning sensor
- 1 x WH45 PM2.5/PM10/CO2/temperature and humidity all-in-1 sensor
- A mix of 8 x WH31 multi-channel temperature and humidity sensors or 8 x WN30 temperature sensors
- Up to 8 x WH51 soil moisture sensors
- Up to 4 x WH41 / WH43 PM2.5 air quality sensors
- Up to 4 x WH55 water leak sensors
- Up to 8 x WN34 soil or water temperature sensors
- Up to 8 x WN35 leaf wetness sensors
- Future sensors are also under development
All of these are available to view in the App, or online via Ecowitt.net and in the 3rd party services that support this sensor type.
The Ecowitt HP2551 includes the following items:
HP2550 WiFi 7" colour TFT console.
- WN32A Indoor temperature / humidity / barometric pressure sensor
- 7-in-1 sensor array
- UK power adapter
- Instruction manual via electronic delivery (100 comprehensive pages)
The HP2551 consists of:
HP2550 7" Full Colour TFT Screen
- Separate WN32A indoor sensor with LCD display
- Atmospheric pressure sensor
- Configure WiFi via console
- Configure additional sensors via console
- Publishes sensor data to Internet based weather services including
- Ecowitt weather server: ecowitt.net.
- MetOffice WoW
- Only sensor data supported by each specific service will be uploaded.
- View historical records from your weather station with optional microSD card
- View all current sensor and historical records, and graphs on Ecowitt.net server. History records can also be exported in Excel format
- Wireless Range from external sensors: 330 feet / 100m (unobstructed)
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
- Outdoor temperature and humidity
- Wind speed, gust speed, and wind direction
- Calculated wind chill, dew point and heat index display on the WS View App
- Solar light intensity
- UV index
- Solar powered with 2 x AA battery backup
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
- Mounting bracket
A copy of the HP2551 weather station instructions can be downloaded by clicking here.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What is the WiFi range?
The WiFi is used from the indoor console to your internet router only. The outdoor sensors to the display screen are rated 100m unobstructed transmission range on the 868MHz radio frequency.
How frequently does the station transmit / update data? For example every 10 seconds? 1 minute?
The outdoor sensor array sends updated readings every 16 seconds to the console.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.45 or free on orders over £79.00) 2 to 4 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) normally next day for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent.