Oregon Scientific BAR208HGX Weather Station with Alerts
Manufacturer Oregon Scientific
- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- CUSTOMER REVIEWS
- PRODUCT QUESTIONS
The BAR208HGX (Eclipse) Weather Station with Weather Alert, combines a wireless weather station with a radio controlled clock and calendar. This wireless weather station brings you all the vital weather information you need to plan your day.
The Weather Alert feature shows you at a glance to expect heat, fog, frost, rain or wind whilst the easy to read temperature display lets you know how warm or cold it is indoors and outside.
The radio controlled clock receives a signal from the atomic clock making it always accurate and automatically updating for the start and end of British Summer Time.
- Indoor temperature and humidity measurement with trend
- 3 channels for outdoor temperature and humidity measurement with trend
- Weather forecast with pressure trend
- Weather warning message:
- Ice Alert with Green LED blinking indication
- 12 month warranty
Included in the box:
- BAR208HGX console in black
- 1 x THGR511 splash proof sensor
- All Batteries included
- Manual in English
- Dimensions - 185 x 45 x 90 mm
- Case colour - Black
- Mounting option - Table standing only
- Backlight - Yes
- Measures humidity - Yes both inside and out
- Measures temperature - Yes both inside and out
- Moon phase - Yes
- Weather alert alarms - Yes
- Weather forecast - Yes
- Weather forecast icons - Yes
- Radio controlled clock - UK / EU / USA reception options
A copy of the BAR208HGX manual is available to view by clicking here.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does this model record max and min temperatures
Yes, maximum and minimum temperature and humidity can be displayed with the MEM button.
Can Additional sensors be purchased with this
Yes, for a limited time we are offering the THGR511 sensors in bundles with this weather station. These can also be purchased at a later date.
Is the outdoor sensor waterproof
The temperature / humidity sensors are splash-proof for Oregon and also other manufacturers using this style. They have some ventilation holes as part of their design to allow for air circulation giving improved readings so cannot be classed as totally waterproof. The manual with the product offers advice on sensor placement for the best readings.
Hi, How do I select different channels on the master unit (I see there are 3) for different external sensors? Thanks
Either the left arrow can be used to select between 3 sensors, or the MEM and down arrow can be pressed and held for 3 seconds to start automatically cycling through each sensor in turn.
How do I alter the time - an hour back to be in line with the end of British summer time?
In the rear of the battery case there is a small switch which needs to be set in the UK position. Then, press the reset button in the same compartment to force the console to restart and lock onto the UK time signal.
How do I obtain a manual
A copy of the manual for the BAR208HGX can be found here https://www.oregonscientificstore.com/manual/BAR208HGX.pdf
Does this product come with outside sensor.
Yes, one temperature/humidity outdoor sensor it provided with options to purchase more if required. To prolong the life of the outdoor sensor these should be placed in an area where it won't get rained upon directly as they are only splashproof.
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£3.90 free for orders over £75.00) 2 to 4 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) normally next day for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent.