- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- CUSTOMER REVIEWS
- QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The Ecowitt WH57 Lightning sensor with the GW1100 WiFi gateway is an ideal starter set for those with an interest in lightning detection and weather .
Start with this sensor and add additional sensors as your interest grows building a modular weather station with full internet access.
The GW1100 is configured through a web browser so a smart device is not required for setup. The gateway connects to all the Ecowitt transmitter sensors (WH57 lightning sensor included), you can set Time Zone and Date, manage other sensors, view sensor signal and power status.
The GW1100 WiFi gateway is USB powered and also has builtin temperature, humidity and barometric pressure sensors for indoor readings. The gateway has these sensors on a wired probe so that they can be kept away from sources of heat which would skew readings.
The WH57 lighting detection sensor obtains lightning data from within 25 miles of the sensor and is housed in the included protective shelter. Lightning data is uploaded to the Ecowitt weather network which displays strike count, distance and the time recorded. Using the Ecowitt network you can also receive emailed lightning alerts.
This data, along with any other sensor data is uploaded to the Ecowitt service via WiFi and can be viewed on the App, or on the Ecowitt weather website.
You are not just limited to weather data on the Ecowitt.net weather site or App, you can share your data further afield with free access to the UK MetOffice WoW service, Weather Underground, WeatherCloud and your own web server (where additional sensors are supported by the network).
Unlike some other stations, the WH57 lightning sensor and Ecowitt GW1100 can be expanded with a variety of additional sensors which currently include:
- 1 x WH32 outdoor temperature and humidity sensor
- 1 x WH40 self-emptying rain gauge sensor
- 1 x WS68 wireless anemometer with light and UV sensor
- 1 x WH45 PM2.5/PM10/CO2/temperature and humidity all-in-1 sensor
- Up to 8 x WH31 multi-channel temperature and humidity sensors or 8 WN30 temperature sensors
- Up to 8 x WH51 soil moisture sensors
- Up to 4 x WH41 / WH43 PM2.5 air quality sensors
- Up to 4 x WH55 water leak sensors
- Up to 8 x WN34 soil or water temperature sensors
- Up to 8 x WN35 leaf wetness sensors
- Future sensors are also under development
All of these are available to view in the App, or online via Ecowitt.net and in the 3rd party services that support the sensor type.
- WH57 lightning sensor
- Protective shelter for WH57 sensor
- GW1100 WiFi gateway, 868MHz (UK/EU approved)
- Cable clip for sensor
- Instruction manual via electronic download
WH57 lightning sensor
- Detects lightning bolts from storms within 25 miles (40 km)
- High or low sensor sensitivity to meet different requirements
- When used with the included GW1100 Wi-Fi Gateway
- Monitor number of strikes daily and the time & distance of the last strike detected within a 25-mile radius of your location on the Live Data page of the WS View or Ecowitt app (requires the gateway and phone using the same Wi-Fi network)
- Battery power level display on the WS View App
- When uploaded to Ecowitt Weather Server
- View lightning data & history records & graph on the website
- Receive email alerts from the server
- Remote monitoring with smart phone, laptop, or computer by visiting the website
- Transmission distance in open field: 100m (300 feet)
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
- Lightning detection range: 0 - 25 miles / 0 - 40 km
- Sensor reporting interval: 79 seconds
- Power: 2 x AA 1.5V Alkaline battery
GW1100 WiFi Gateway with USB power
- 3 Built-in sensors
- Temperature (-10°C - 60°C; resolution: 0.1°C)
- Humidity (1% ~ 99%; resolution: 1%; accuracy: ± 5% )
- Atmospheric pressure sensor (300 – 1,100 hPa ; accuracy: ± 5 hPa)
- Configure gateway WiFi via web browser
- Configure additional sensors options via web browser including calibration
- Publishes sensor data to Internet based weather services including
- Ecowitt weather data service: ecowitt.net
- MetOffice WoW
- Only sensor data supported by each specific service will be uploaded
- View historical records from your weather station (outdoor temperature, humidity, wind, rain)
- View all current sensor data on the live dashboard
- View historical records, and graphs on Ecowitt.net service website. Historic records can also be exported in Excel format
- Wireless Range from external sensors: 300FT/100M(in open areas)
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
- GW1100 gateway is USB powered (power supply available separately)
The instruction manual for the WH77 lightning sensor can be viewed by clicking here.
The manual for the GW1100 WiFi Gateway is available by clicking here.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about the Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor, Shelter & WiFi Gateway
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.45 or free on orders over £79.00) 2 to 4 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) normally next day for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent.