- TECHNICAL & MANUAL
- REVIEWS | QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The Ecowitt HP3500 weather station consists of the 7-in-1 sensor suite and 4.3" TFT colour display making it an advanced weather station with full WiFi internet access.
The 7-in-1 sensor suite measures wind direction and speed, temperature, humidity, solar radiation, UV level, and rain.
The 4.3" TFT colour screen has a friendly & well-designed interface displaying wind speed and direction, rainfall, indoor outdoor temperature and humidity, barometric pressure, solar radiation and UV. There is also an optional microSD memory card to store historical data with a 1GB card storing on average 10 years of data.
This indoor data, along with the outdoor sensor data is uploaded to the FREE Ecowitt service via WiFi and is used to calculate rainfall rate, wind chill, dew point and heat index. All of this can be viewed on an iOS, Google App, or Ecowitt weather website in a browser.
You are not just limited to weather data on the Ecowitt weather site or App, you can share your data further afield with free access to The UK MetOffice WoW service, Weather Underground, WeatherCloud and your own web server.
Unlike some other stations, the Ecowitt HP3500 can be expanded with a variety of sensors, click here to view the latest Ecowitt sensor matrix.
Not all are displayed on the console, however, all available to view in the App, or online via Ecowitt.net and in the 3rd party services that support this sensor type.
The Ecowitt HP3500 includes the following items:
HP3500 WiFi 4.3" colour TFT console
- WN32A Indoor temperature / humidity / barometric pressure sensor
- 7-in-1 outdoor sensor array
- Installation bracket for 25-50mm pole (pole not supplied as standard)
- UK power adapter
- Instruction manual via electronic delivery (100 comprehensive pages)
The HP3500 consists of:
HP3500 4.3" Full Colour TFT Screen
- Separate WN32A indoor sensor with LCD display
- Atmospheric pressure sensor
- WiFi via console
- Configure additional sensors via console
- Publishes sensor data to Internet based weather services including
- Ecowitt weather server: ecowitt.net.
- MetOffice WoW
- Only sensor data supported by each specific service will be uploaded.
- View historical graphs from your weather station - 12, 24, 48, or 72 hr.
- Optional microSD card
- View all current sensor and historical records, and graphs on Ecowitt.net server. History records can also be exported in Excel format
- Wireless Range from external sensors: 330 feet / 100m (unobstructed)
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
- Outdoor temperature and humidity
- Wind speed, gust speed, and wind direction
- Calculated wind chill, dew point and heat index display on the WS View App
- Solar light intensity
- UV index
- Solar powered with 2 x AA battery backup (not included)
- 868MHz UK and European frequency
- Mounting bracket
A copy of the HP3500 weather station instructions, PC software and Apps can be viewed and downloaded by clicking here.
It seems a good weather station, and communicates with the console, which then connects to the Internet and weather websites. Unfortunately, initially, the console didn't work as it should.
Weather Spares quickly dealt with the problem, updated the firmware, and checked that the console worked properly. (They paid for the postage both ways.) I connected it back up, and got the same problems. As Weather Spares had had it working properly, the most likely cause was the USB port I was using. I tried different ports and found that all the ports on two USB hubs would not talk properly to the console, even though they appeared to work with USB disk drives, etc. So if it doesn't work properly for you, try different USB ports.
I also tried the console on my Windows 11 laptop. It worked straight away.
The pictures are examples from the EasyWeather2 output. The first is of "live" readings, the second is a graph of barometric pressure changes over the past few days.
Great product, great service
UK Shipping & Delivery
- Economy Delivery (£4.70 or free on orders over £80) 2 to 6 working days
- Standard Delivery (£5.90) 1 to 2 days for mainland UK
- Express Delivery (£8.95) guaranteed next working day for mainland UK. Highland and Islands, Northern Island 2 to 3 working days. Available on orders placed before 11am
Europe & Rest of World Shipping & Delivery
- Europe (from £4.50) per order
- Rest of the World (from £9.60) per order
Please note that there may be local import duties (VAT/TVA) to be paid on before receipt of your goods from your local customs agent. We are registered with the European IOSS scheme which means duties will be prepaid for orders under €150